All out sweeping team (first time)

Hey Everyone,

I've been thinking of posting this team for a while because i feel it needs something but I'm not quite sure what. I am open to any suggestions that you guys might have.

Here is my team:

Ninetales @ Charcoal
Timid Nature
252 Special Attack / 252 Speed / 4 Special Defense
Ability - Drought

Move Set
~Fire Blast
~Nasty Plot
~Confuse Ray
~SolarBeam
My main use for Ninetails is to start with him, set up sun and switch between Confuse Ray and Nasty Plot two or three times and then just defeat as many Pokemon as I can with Fire Blast and SolarBeam. So basically he is my first initial sweeper. I gave him SolarBeam just in case a Starmie or a Jellicent appear in an opponents team so that I can wipe them out quickly before they cause my team any trouble.

Nidoking @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
252 Special Attack / 252 Speed / 4 HP
Ability - Poison Point

Move Set
~Thunderbolt
~Ice Beam
~Flamethrower
~Earth Power

Nidoking is another sweeper. I have decided to run him as a special sweeper instead of physical but I'm just not sure whether to go for reliable attacks like he has now or to run a more risky but more powerful set with Fire Blast, Blizzard, and Thunder. Anyway he is practically there as a sweeper who is faster than a lot of Pokemon who might be able to do serious damage to him even with his decent bulk and hopefully kill them quickly whilst be healed of any damage taken with leftovers.

Breloom @ Fist Plate
Jolly Nature
252 Attack / 252 Speed / 4 Special Defense
Ability - Technician

Move Set
~Swords Dance
~Mach Punch
~Bullet Seed
~Spore

With my Breloom I run the oh so popular Spore then Swords Dance then Mach Punch or Bullet Seed with Technician. I know it is used a lot in OU and the only reason I am using it s because I love the set and it's different to the set i used to use with him (poison heal, poison orb, substitute, spore, focus punch & mach punch). I am still tossing up as to keep using breloom or use someone like Lucario instead, please give me any suggestions on what you guys think I should do.

Charizard @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
252 Special Attack / 252 Speed / 4 Special Defense
Ability - Blaze

Move Set
~Fire Blast
~Solar Beam
~Air Slash
~Dragon Pulse

I know people say that Charizard is sh*t and overrated and that there are many better pokemon to use that can do what she does more efficiently but I find that Charizard is a very useful sweeper especially just after my Ninetales or later in the battle. The only reason why her ability is Blaze and not Solar Power is because of the Life Orb because I find that if I use both she just faints way to quickly and doesn't really have any impact of the battle.

Scyther @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
252 Attack / 252 Speed / 4 Special Defense
Ability - Technician

Move Set
~Bug Bite
~Aerial Ace
~Brick Break
~Quick Attack

Scyther is my main late game sweeper who is definitely faster than almost all the other Pokemon in OU and with EV's has more than enough attack to be an effective late game sweeper. The moves I have him running are weak with the base damages 60 or less (except Brick Break) which means that Technician can have it's full effect by making his main moves Bug Bite and Aerial Ace both have 90 power. I have Brick Break in his set just in case my opponent might have a sweeping steel or ice type with not much health left that Scyther can take out.

Weavile @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
252 Attack / 252 Speed / 4 Defense
Ability - Pressure

Move Set
~Swords Dance
~Night Slash
~Ice Shard
~Low Kick

Weavile is basically my answer to any Dragon, Ghost, Psychic or Steel types (when my Ninetales and Charizard have been defeated). His high attack (assisted by life orb) and speed allows me to do a huge amount of damage to any Pokemon that doesn't resist it and with one or two Swords Dance's behind it Weavile I have found is very hard to stop. Night Slash and Ice Shard are his basic STAB moves and with Night Slash having a high Crit. rate means that he can still do alot of damage to Pokemon that resist his moves.

Anyway Thanks for having a look and please let me know what you think and any changes i should make.

Get rid of Charizard. Swap for offensive Volcarona

Volcarona @ Life Orb
Flame Body
Modest Nature
-Quiver Dance
-Fire Blast
-Bug Buzz
-Psychic/Hidden Power Ground/Ice (I prefer Psychic as that means the only thing that walls u is Heatran)

Also get rid of Scyther, add Venusaur. I suggest go mixed since Volcarona hits hard from the special side and Weavile from the physical side

Venusaur @ Life Orb
Chlorophyll
Lonely Nature
EVs: 4 Atk/252 SpA/252 Spe
-Earthquake
-Hidden Power Ice
-Giga Drain
-Growth

Also Nido is too slow to sweep. I'd give Nido a Choice Scarf to patch up some speed.

Just going to point out your main weakness, so here goes

You have a simply colossal Stealth Rock weakness.
Charizard - 4x weakness
Scyther - 4x weakness
Ninetales - 2x weakness
Weaville - 2x weakness

Since this is an offensive team, I highly suggest Xatu, since it can bounce all hazards back and set up dual screens, paving the way for the sweep.

Hi there, friend, and welcome to the site. I'm going to recommend a Life Orb over a Fist Plate on your Breloom, and Leftovers on your Ninetales. Ninetales needs to be kept alive as long as possible.

And I have to disagree with you on Solar Power, it makes a world of difference. However, I would go with a Timid Nature on Charizard, and use Choice Specs. Or, I would go with Heatran or Volcarona.

Or even a Scarfed/Banded Darmanitan. That thing is a beast in the Sun. I'd just swap some guys around and see how it works out.

Just going to point out your main weakness, so here goes

You have a simply colossal Stealth Rock weakness.
Charizard - 4x weakness
Scyther - 4x weakness
Ninetales - 2x weakness
Weaville - 2x weakness

Since this is an offensive team, I highly suggest Xatu, since it can bounce all hazards back and set up dual screens, paving the way for the sweep.
Thanks for the feedback, I forgot all about Stealth Rock :P
Who do you suggest I swap for Xatu and what move set etc.?

Hi there, friend, and welcome to the site. I'm going to recommend a Life Orb over a Fist Plate on your Breloom, and Leftovers on your Ninetales. Ninetales needs to be kept alive as long as possible.
Thanks, I was thinking to give Breloom life orb but I just find he dies way to quickly before he can beat more than one of my opponents pokemon, but thanks i think i'll mess around with Breloom's items

Get rid of Charizard. Swap for offensive Volcarona

Volcarona @ Life Orb
Flame Body
Modest Nature
-Quiver Dance
-Fire Blast
-Bug Buzz
-Psychic/Hidden Power Ground/Ice (I prefer Psychic as that means the only thing that walls u is Heatran)

Also get rid of Scyther, add Venusaur. I suggest go mixed since Volcarona hits hard from the special side and Weavile from the physical side

Venusaur @ Life Orb
Chlorophyll
Lonely Nature
EVs: 4 Atk/252 SpA/252 Spe
-Earthquake
-Hidden Power Ice
-Giga Drain
-Growth

Also Nido is too slow to sweep. I'd give Nido a Choice Scarf to patch up some speed.
Thank you for the suggestions, i think i will add volcarona instead of charizard but if i do that i will keep scyther just for aerial ace as it gives stab but also hits pokemon hard with technician. I'm not sure whether to give my Nidoking a choice scarf because yea it makes him fatser but makes him less flexible and have less variety.

Thanks for the feedback, I forgot all about Stealth Rock :P
Who do you suggest I swap for Xatu and what move set etc.?
Scyther seems the most replaceable. It simply lacks team support to pull off a sweep, and without swords dance, it's prone to physical walls such as bulky Gyarados, Skarmory etc. Even in the speed department, it can be revenge killed by nearly every Choice Scarf user, thanks to its poor bulk without Eviolite.

Xatu @ leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 Spe
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Heat Wave
- U-turn

Standard Xatu Dual Screens set here. Heat wave obliterates steels types in the sun, except for Heatran. U-turn is an awesome scouting move. Simply predict when you are sure the opponent will switch, and get the perfect matchup to deal some real damage. Light clay is a good option over leftovers, if you want more opportunities to set up.

If you want any more suggestions, tell me who your main sweepers are. I'll see what I can do.

While xatu would help your team out, it is still another stealth rock weakness unfortunately. maybe run an espeon with a similar set? also swap poison point for sheer force on nidoking, that way all of his moves (since they have "secondary effects") are boosted another 30% and this negates the life orb recoil. so thats a total 60% inscrease with life orb AND sheer force. also it looks like rain teams would annihilate you; you have 3 pokes weak to water and only one built to counter it (breloom), who could easily be taken down by an ice or flying coverage move. maybe think about replacing charizard or scyther with swift swim Kindra (you can either run special or physical sets), that way you get some advantage if facing a raim team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)